The Lufia Community Encyclopedia - A TAC-hosted project

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

The Lufia Community Encyclopedia - A TAC-hosted project

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:02 pm

This is what happens when another site you work for starts an idea. (In which case I'm talking about SH's Tales Compendium)

If you remember the topic I made a few days ago about the thought about creating a wiki chock full of Lufia information that anyone can contribute to by adding or modifying information. From the feedback I had, I decided to give it a run for its money. (I still have a load of resources to work with and ATM I'm only using about 20% of my monthly bandwidth.)

However, upon finding that my choice of wiki application wasn't as accessible to me as I thought it was, I went and took one of the wiki applications that were being offered by my host and upgraded it to the latest version. As a result, it turned out to be a whole lot more than I could've ever imagined.

And thus, the Lufia Community Encyclopedia is born. And when I say it was born, I mean I just launched it today.

Since what I picked out to run the Encyclopedia is more than just a simple wiki, I decided to add a couple of extra purposes/goals to its original purpose:

1. To eventually become an extensive Encyclopedia of the Lufia series that can be contributed to by everyone. (An extra category for non-Lufia games allows even greater extensibility.)
2. To unite each of the four major Lufia communities (LW, Lufia.net, TAC, FI) with one central community that allows almost full interaction between each other. (This is by no means a way of taking over the community, as it is only meant as a central point, not a replacement for our seperate communities)

I have spearheaded the project, and it will be lead by TAC's staff, any other Lufia community leaders that are willing to get on board this project, and in the future a few prominent Lufia community members. Everyone, regarless of their Lufia knowledge, will be welcome to join.

As per reasons as I do not want to spam things, I am not going to initially post a URL. However, I'm sure most of you can eventually find it. *points to WWW postbit button*

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:33 pm

You forgot to mention if your name is mentioned you can make a...description...of yourself. XD

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:20 pm

Well, yeah. That's beyond the point though. But yes, each user has a wiki UserPage where they can talk about themselves all the way to... who knows? lol.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”