Questions

Discuss the upcoming fan game by Dekar The Great, Zifanite, and PsiCop.

Moderators: PsiCop, Dekar The Great, Moderator Team

Lexis
Knight

Postby Lexis » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:01 pm

I'll look for them then, but i think that the computer in which i saved them is broken, so it'll take some time to recover them xD I'll send them to you when i find them.
With great power comes great responsibility

SinistralX
Red Jelly

Postby SinistralX » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:17 pm

I'd say that we all want to play it. Hopefully it catches some attention. Lufia does not get enough credit, it's the best RPG series ever if you ask me, and it's nice to see someone take charge and keep the series alive, which is why I'd like to do anything to help this project. Dekar the great and Psicop, do us proud!
.....and I have the power to confront that swell?

Dekar The Great
Knight

=D

Postby Dekar The Great » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:45 am

We will try our best! =)
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:54 am

Hello my friends :)

I have looked everywhere on my HDD, but the Lufia 2 tiles arew not on there anymore, unfortunately. You might be lucky, and find em at a fellow Lufian, but the originals are gone, I fear... All te best with this game!

Ant
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:39 pm

Thanks for looking!
Dekar rules!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:23 pm

I'm not giving up just yet- I must have it on a backup somewhere. Have faith ;)

Ant

EDIT: I have taken reli's squaresets, and am converting them as we speak. His ripping tool made 1 16x16 tile (which consisted of 4 squares, as he explained back then) per file. I am now converting them for your comfort to bigger BMP's, which contain pretty much all the tiles of one set (think Dungeon 1, twon 1, etc). Will take me some time, but I think it'll be worth it :)

Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:07 pm

That'd be great! Can't wait to see it.
Dekar rules!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:33 pm

You got it boss :)

Here it is: every single backgroundtile from the game. Even the ones they didn't use, hehe. Be sure to also give credit to relnqshd, even though he's not around anymore. He was the one that ripped the squares from the game in the first place, I merely grouped them for easier use :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?8sysyun5drv

Have fun guys :) And keep us informed- I am pretty curious to the code as well mate :)

Ant

Dekar The Great
Knight

Sprites

Postby Dekar The Great » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:47 pm

Ah cool, thanx Anthony, only problem is they arent set up to work in RPGmaker 2000 =(, I'm not sure how to make them work on RPGmaker myself, if anyone knows how please contact me thankyou! =D

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:00 pm

Oeh, nice problem- any idea where I can download this RPGmaker (for free ;)) myself, so that I can look into it for you?

Ant

Dekar The Great
Knight

RPG Maker 2000

Postby Dekar The Great » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:21 am

I think ASCII's website has a download for RPGmaker2000 for free, I downloaded mine awhile back so I dont remember where I got it, check there though.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:12 am

There's FAQs online about how to make your own chipsets. I know it has to meet certain requirements with dimensions and file type.
Dekar rules!

Seto Dekar
Red Jelly

Postby Seto Dekar » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:59 am

I've had rpg maker 2000 for ages and along the way I've gained a few sprities or characters can't remeber if they're the same but I have a few lufia ones, and I also have some from other rpgs but I guess that wouldn't be a good idea I guess but they're availible if anyone wants them and I may have some chipsets somewhere but I'd have to look no guareentes on what they are but they could be useful.

Anyway I'd love to help but I haven't fully learned the complete ins and outs of my rpg maker but it's been a hwile since I used it maybe I know how to work it now, so if you need any more help in the creatvie deptartment such as story, characters good or bad, towns/dungens/towers etc and whatever else just ask.
The focused mind can pierce through stone

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Man is a little wind that lilts the air,
And passing, leaves no shadow there,
But I, beside him when his days are flown
Take back my own to be my own...

keithioapc
Red Jelly

Postby keithioapc » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:07 pm

I don't have RPG Maker experience, but I'd love to build a dungeon. Lufia 2's dungeons were what made it such a great game first and foremost in my mind, and I would love to see puzzles of a similar caliber in this fan project. For now I guess I'll just go and learn how to use that program, shouldn't be too hard for me.

If the project comes along nicely I'll be sure to inform all the people I know who are Lufia affectionados about it. My fingers are crossed that Arek is the final boss! (Or at least that he plays a significant role)

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:31 pm

It's great to see so many people willing to help out! If you're really interested in helping out, catch one of us online on MSN and we can take it from there.
Dekar rules!

Return to “Lufia V: For the Savior”