Too Long

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Well, keep the turn based battle system. You can still incorporate traits in a TBS as long as you script the system yourself. Heck, I think you can call processes via scripting outside of battle to do the calculations for you.

I'll go ahead and try get a basic array of armor for you. Instead of assigning every piece of armor randomly to each character, how about categorizing armor. Light cloth (robes), heavy cloth (leather and hide), light armor (chain mail and scale mail), and heavy armor (full plate mail).

Characters either wear cloth or armor, not both. Those who can wear heavy cloth can wear light cloth while those wearing heavy armor can wear light armor. Only exception would be male/female/monster oriented armor.

Simple, don't you think?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:02 am

Ok so keep the turn based system. So unlike the first two games, cloth armor etc. will be its own class and characters will only be able to use that class. Correct?
Don't make me cast you into the fires of oblivion.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Correct. If you want to have characters proficient with no more than three weapon types.

Example: the hero would be proficient with Swords, Spears, and Bows and can wear Light Armor and Shields. A rogue like character would be proficient with Knives, Knuckles, and a Scythe and wear Heavy Cloth. He can't use shields but he can use two weapons.

That way each character can stay unique and their equipment isn't just thrown into one list.

Also, with RMXP's limited array I was thinking around only 10-15 per weapon class, 20-25 types of outfits helms, and shields per class, 25-30 accessories, and the rest as healing items, key items, misc things.
---DarkMaster2101

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:00 pm

Hmm you must be some type of pro at this. This should help keep things organized.

I actually came up with some more ideas for the story. I sent them to Chris to ask his opinion. I'm trying to push out of the typical Lufia storyline a bit. Because let's just face facts, with the limited resources of RPG Maker and my lack of programming knowledge, the story is what's going to make this game.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Well, isn't that why we ask for help? I'm using Game Maker 7 pro for Lufia Battle Tactics because of unlimited programming. As for a classic Lufia RMXP would be a better choice, despite learning curve. Unlimited Sprite Sizes, high res screen, and being able to script all systems is definitely something that a 32 bit Lufia is going to need.

Speaking of story, what have you planned so far?
---DarkMaster2101

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Fri May 01, 2009 8:56 am

Just because there's no regular posts about it, doesn't mean no one's working on a project mate ;) I learned in the past that it's more enjoyable, more satisfying, to be surprised by something concrete, as compared to plans and half-implemented ideas. Since I am alone in my own project, working at irregular intervals, I can't make any promises whatsoever, can't have hard deadlines, etcetera... but I assure you, there are still people working on Lufia projects ;)

Good luck on your game!

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Fri May 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Anthony wrote:but I assure you, there are still people working on Lufia projects ;)

that's good to know. earlier i was looking at some of the locked stuff here, and that multiplayer one sounded very fun... shame it got canceled.
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Anthony wrote:Just because there's no regular posts about it, doesn't mean no one's working on a project mate Wink

I know, cap'n obvious, I know. I was going through some designs that I have planned for my earlier projects. Really nothing more than RPG standards.
---DarkMaster2101

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Fri May 01, 2009 6:43 pm

I understand that other people are working on games, I'm just impatient. Besides, the more the merrier right?

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Fri May 01, 2009 6:45 pm

I cannot agree more, haha; the games are simply too exciting not to tinker with :D

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/

Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Dunno what I could do to help since I have limited experience in programming (I can only use RPGMaker XP's default systems since I stink at scripting) and my graphic editing is hit or miss (I made a ton of sprites for a few joke fangames and some look incredible while others I'm still struggling to fix or just accepted the mess as-is, and I'm bad at editing the battlers).

I could probably beta-test later on down the road if it's needed; would give me a great excuse to do more with my copy of XP than just make games no one'll never play. But I'd love to find some way to help out anyone willing to try and create a new installment in the series.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:37 am

Well teefa, Do you have any real world talents? Perhaps something with sound design and VO. If that's okay with Foomy. I would rather work on presentation and story details after the main game play has been developed.

Trust me, I had to rewrite the script of Lufia: Stagnate Memories so many times. Then I found out it was taking way too much time and pulled the plug.
---DarkMaster2101

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:41 am

Double post screw you!

I have an idea? Why not find a way to organize a couple of members join a chat via Lufia World IRC (if it's still there). That way we can discuss the details of development and what steps we have to take to achieve those goals.

Sure, I sound a bit too professional. It doesn't mean we can't do it any other way. We really have to put some serious effort into this fan game or else Lufia World is going to be a graveyard of Lufia fan games.
---DarkMaster2101

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sat May 02, 2009 1:51 am

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Double post screw you!

I have an idea? Why not find a way to organize a couple of members join a chat via Lufia World IRC (if it's still there). That way we can discuss the details of development and what steps we have to take to achieve those goals.

Sure, I sound a bit too professional. It doesn't mean we can't do it any other way. We really have to put some serious effort into this fan game or else Lufia World is going to be a graveyard of Lufia fan games.

I'm not convinced that the IRC / chat room still works, but the page is still up. Chat will be given some proper attention during the summer site revamp.

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Sat May 02, 2009 5:48 am

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Well teefa, Do you have any real world talents? Perhaps something with sound design and VO.

No real sound designing and I don't know if my voice would work for recording. I am a writer, but I generally stay out of writing for big projects and more for little personal things since I work better coming up with plot on my own instead of with a team.

Though I did help as an editor on a translation project once; the translator sent me the work, I edited it and then formatted it for the wiki we were using. I guess I can do that if it's needed.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”