Screenshots from animated scenes

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Screenshots from animated scenes

Postby SinReVi » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Maxim

Selan

Guy

Other stuff

Last edited by SinReVi on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:42 pm

God no! NO! NOOOO! GODDAMNIT SQUARE ENIX

GUYS BEING BIG AND BUFF JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE WARRIORS WAS NEVER A GREAT THING! AND HASNT FFXII SHOWN YOU YET THAT EXPOSING PEOPLE'S NAVELS IS NEVER SEXY? ITS ULTIMATE FAGNESS GODDAMNIT

screw this. This game is now officially dead to me.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:59 pm

*facepalm* Congrats, you just turned this thread into a mother ******* flame war *** ******* donkey **** suck.

Look, if games are remade, then there are certain things about that game that will have to change. Sometimes its a little bit of the gameplay, but most of the time its the art style. Remember how Ocarina of Time fanboys (girls fix'd) reacted to the bright and colorful art of the Wind Waker. This is what is happening right now. I would like to call this very reaction and sickness "Wind Waker Rejection".

Have you forgotten modern anime RPG logic? The less armor a character has, the more invincible they'll become. Time's changed, the art style is final, and I personally prefer this cg-i imagination over the 16-bit pixel grids any day. I too wished they would keep closer to the character design. Look on the bright side, Guy isn't a black Duke Nukem.

Honestly. Reactions like this are the reason why good games stay in Japan. Not every shooter has to be brown and in first person perspective involving guns. Just like not every Japanese RPG have to be 2D involving only a turn based battle system (that's why the genre's dying, stupid). Game play is where its always been. And if you're going to reject the entire game only because you don't like 1/5th of it, then I would suggest you renounce yourself not as a fanboy, not as a Lufian, but as a gamer who claims to play video games.

So what if you hate the art style. Have you played the game? Has anyone anywhere outside of SE and Neverland played the game? I don't think so. And thus this entire argument will only be a grain of salt to those looking into buying it.

I like what you done with the done with the images SinReVi, but I just had to be honest here and now. This is the EXACT reason why certain classics will never be remade and released outside of Japan.

Explain why you hate the art and how its presentation will destroy the entire game.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:03 am

I think Guy looks pretty freaking sexy like that, actually. It'd be better if this were an unlockable outfit and his actual clothing had a closed vest, but a little manservice is good too. :D

It looks like they're bringing back Lufia: The Legend Returns' wave system based on the characters' general colors. Maxim's gonna be red, of course, Selan will be blue, and Guy's probably gonna be yellow...

Does this mean Artea will be green? Noooo, green Artea would be worse than ginger Tia. :( I like the character redesigns, don't get me wrong, it's just that a redhead with goggles more says "Female Maxim Descendant" rather than "Maxim's Childhood Friend, Tia".
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:25 am

Explain why you hate the art and how its presentation will destroy the entire game

Lets see.... explain...hmm

"Me Guy! Me no like evil man! GUY SMASH!"

and dude, bellybuttons. Just no man. Honestly, that is wrong on so many levels. They turned the cool, witty, sleek (sp?) warrior into a seemingly bumbling hulk. There simply is no excuse for that. And Guy isnt even the real powerhouse, Dekar is. I shudder to think how they will have changed him...

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:48 am

That...that wasn't so much an explanation as it was a passive-agressive insult. Anyhow, my personal theory is that Dekar will probably be made, like, an inch or five taller than Guy, making the illusion that Dekar is more buff. There's no reason Guy can't be a gentle giant type dude. You're taking him at face-value; there's no doubt that Guy will still be cool and witty, his build just isn't as sleek. By the way, you did spell "sleek" correctly, so you're good there. Aside from missing an apostrophe occassionally (which doesn't matter anyway), your English is actually very good.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:40 am

and dude, bellybuttons. Just no man. Honestly, that is wrong on so many levels. They turned the cool, witty, sleek (sp?) warrior into a seemingly bumbling hulk. There simply is no excuse for that. And Guy isnt even the real powerhouse, Dekar is. I shudder to think how they will have changed him...

lol dekar with exposed bellybutton
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

Lexis
Knight

Postby Lexis » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:27 pm

I've been looking to the map several minutes now, and i'm still confused:

Narvik and those islands remains the same, but I can't manage to locate Elcid, or any town at all. I seems like that zone with a lake in the southeast (now an icy place) could be Potravia's continent. And that little island in the north east could be Forfeit Island.

Then it would make sense that that little town in the southwest was Sundletan, but there wasn't any volcano near Sundletan. Perhaps its Clamento (the Ruby Cavern had lava, it looks lake a volcano on the insides). If I remember well, the only actual volcano in the game lies in Chaed, but that part of the map doesn't look like Chaed at all.
What do you people think?

Maybe they've changed the morphology of the world and all. Or maybe it's just a map from an old era (I don't know what the japanese text says in the trailer when the map is shown, maybe they talk about something like that). Or maybe I'm just nuts.

EDIT: well, Famitsu said: "Overworld map differs from the SNES version, number of towns have changed", so the fact that it doesn't make sense actually makes sense xD
With great power comes great responsibility

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:55 pm

....guess the fangirls with yaoi fetishes need pleasing too...

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Volt wrote:

....guess the fangirls with yaoi fetishes need pleasing too...

You just figured this out NOW? rofl

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:56 pm

...Yes, because I'm totally a girl. Never mind the fact that I'm pretty sure I've stated I'm male, I'm totally a yaoi fangirl. I love making a mockery of gay rights!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:15 pm

So you're the type girl who will always believe Shiek is a man. And he'll make sweet, sweet love to Dark Link. Why am I bringing up my ex-girlfriend's fetishes?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:25 pm

I never played the Zelda with Sheik in it. I have no opinion on him/her/it. Also, what the hell is Dark Link? Link's secret S&M side?

I'm male.

I'm a male who thinks he's a male, so I'm not transgender, either. I'm just gay is all. Really now, I needn't spell it out...

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Lol. Reminds me of the three-pages discussion of manaelf trying to tell everyone she's a girl.

But returning to the subject, I say you can criticise them on outfits you don't like, but you can't say anything yet about their personalities.
You'll have to wait for the actual game for that. ;)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:02 pm

And then either learn japanese, or wait for an English version =P

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”