Suikoden II

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Suikoden II

Postby Volt » Sun May 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Ive started playing this game today... and its been a while since Ive been psyched about an RPG. Really, I havent played a game with such a memorable "evil" villain since FF7 and Lufia 2. Hell, this guy's baddy, Luca Blight, he's more evil than the sinistrals and sephiroth put together. How often do you see the bad guy actually slaying innocents himself? By the dozens even.

Just recommending this game, its an old PSX game. Just be prepared for a lot of leveling, I think you can get over 80 characters in your team :D

regueradela
Red Jelly

Postby regueradela » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Suikoden is one of my favorite tactical games..I am Very Very happy to say that this was the Very First RPG I ever played..I wish Suikoden 6 was up and I wish for more RPGs this PS3 era..

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:44 am

Ive heard a lot of bad things regarding suikoden 4 and 5 though... I must admit 2 is the only one I played, though I will download suikoden 1 at some point just for the sake of getting more information on the game's story.

Also, Riou looks like a wimp compared to Tir McDohl....(bandanna's are cool, and I saw the tir statue as well as the youtube vids of his guest appearance).

Even so: Riou + Double-Beat + Double-strike + Friendship Weapon Enchantment = insanity. He will do 300dmg per hit (600dmg per attack), twice, and he crits like he's a gunblade user. The last boss? I slaughtered him with this combo. And Luc.... dear god the insanity of his and magus' magic attacks...

Fave team to have: Riou, Luc, Magus, Pesmerga, Humphrey, Killey. I take out anything no-contest in that game.

Return to “General Gaming”