The Legend Returns questions

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Turnip
Red Jelly

The Legend Returns questions

Postby Turnip » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:55 am

I've got a couple of questions about the game that I was hoping someone already has the answers for before I spend hours upon hours running tests.

A couple of the ultimate weapons have "special" properties. Some are common knowledge (Wain and Aima's can deal quadruple/double damage, Melphis's always criticals, Dei's evasion skyrockets/drains Dark magic), some I haven't seen written anywhere (Seena's gives her access to the Zap spell). So I was wondering if any of the other ultimate weapons have special effects like this.

Does Ruby's Fortune Dress improve her unique IP skills? Do Deckar and Randolph's weapons have any sort of damage boosting effect like Wain and Aima's? How about Isaac's Power Suit? It's pretty boring if they don't have any special properties.

Second question: Does anyone have a list of the outcomes for Ruby's IP skills? Do they only have six outcomes?
So far for Cursed Dice have given me Spd, Reg, Atp, and Map boosts. I've seen it fully heal Ruby, and I'm sure that it can boost Def as well. Damage Dice has given me Samurai, Dark Splash, Rage, Hell Flame, Spiderweb and Needle Shower. I've only gotten Fortune Dice to do two things: Either Ruby is fully healed, both HP and MP, or she takes 1 damage. Surely it can do more than that. [/list]

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Man, I'd love to help you out in this, but I'm nowhere near that part of the game.

When I get up there, I'll help test with you. But I'm still around getting Deckard.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Turnip
Red Jelly

Postby Turnip » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Oh, no need to worry about helping. I think I've got all the Fortune Dice skills down, and I've figured out that Ultimate Bet deals damage that's equivalent to your current HP and current MP (although for some reason, it drops your HP down to 1 but doesn't effect your MP).

It doesn't look like there's any sort of rhyme or reason to the numbers that appear during Damage Dice though.

Now off to test ultimate weapons!

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:27 am

Please tell me you lost a bet and that's why you are using characters like Ruby who could be ignored completely gameplay wise and storywise? I think the little lady has about 5 lines of text in the entire game...

Turnip
Red Jelly

Postby Turnip » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:55 am

Actually, on a conceptual level, Ruby is my favorite character in the game.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”