Lufia II vs Lufia DS Canon Debate

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Lufia II vs Lufia DS Canon Debate

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:13 pm

This is it! The ultimate canon debate between Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals and Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals. This is the stuff that will be written in a Wiki. I'm copying the rules from the FanFiction.net's forum, but they will be modified to match LWF's rules.

BEFORE YOU POST, YOU WILL READ AND FOLLOW THESE RULES. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN LOST CREDIBILITY.

I. YOU ARE BOUND BY LUFIA WORLD FORUM'S ELUA AND RULES AT ALL TIMES. DON'T FORGET!

II. This Forum's purpose is to decide the canonical content of the games Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals and its remake, Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals. You agree to stay on topic at all times.

III. All content within this forum is speculation unless cited by a liable source. In game text and developer's documentaries are an example of valid sources. Wikipedia is not a valid source, though it is a good site to find other sources. 4chan and other forums are not acceptable.

IV. Comments are allowed if they are relevant to interest. Irrelevant comments (such as OMG!, reactions, and especially one words) is a waste of time.

V. You agree to accept all laws of canology: 1)Between the changes of the original and the remake, changes in the remake are cannon. 2)Content non-existent in the remake from the original might still exist if and only if evidence of the remake supports it. And 3)The game's developers have the final say on all canonical content.

VI. Use clean English. F-Bombs means you're wasting our time. And poor spelling means you don't know how to write, meaning you don't know how to research properly. If you can't write English, just use Google translator.

VII. Common sense! Enough said.

IX. Have fun! :D If you can't have fun then at least make a solid argument.

I hope these rules are narrow enough. Also, please do not say Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals is another universe to the original. The game IS CONFIRMED a remake of the original by Neverland.

The debate starts as soon as I hit "submit".

*click*
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia II vs Lufia DS Canon Debate

Postby vivify93 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:56 am

I'd been meaning to respond to this for the longest time, and the only thing I have left to do is play FFVIII, so here goes!

I'd like to think that both Rise and Curse are canon. I mean, I loved the filler in Rise, but Curse's locales were generally more pleasing to the eye, and the character development was of course much better. Tia was less of a stereotypical woman and more of a comic relief character who just happened to have a romantic subplot with Maxim in the game's first half.

I also liked Tia and Dekar getting together. :p Better than that other woman from Ruins of Lore...

Character-wise, Curse is better than Rise. This part is not up for debate; I think the developers even stated somewhere they wanted to focus on a tighter-knit world and the six mains this time. Rise allowed Maxim's notoriety to increase more, and it surprised you--people on the Ustark continent even heard about Gades' defeat? Really? In Curse, it's more of a ho-hum type deal when, say, King Gratze says "omg u r teh maksim taht dufeetid gaddez!?!?" It's simply because Northland is tinier in the re-imagining.

If I had to pick one, I'd hope they'd ignore Rise, frankly. Characterization was definitive in Curse, simply put.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”