Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals Glitch Hunt

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals Glitch Hunt

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Okay, I remember playing through Tanbel Mine where I have to find all the mine carts to go into the next area.

Well, in the southeast corner of the map where the blocks are. I managed to push a block on top of another block in hopes of pushing it off the edge and press the switch. Then when I pushed the block off of the block, it floats. -_- What the hell? But when I push the block off of a ledge it falls down... A glitch maybe?

And thus, why this topic is titled glitch hunt. I want to hear all of your experiences with glitches in Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals. Hopefully a topic like this will bring some people back. Hopefully the bots won't take over this topic with spam.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals Glitch Hunt

Postby SinReVi » Sat May 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Maybe not all of these may be considered glitches...

Dead character with 1 HP
This might happen when you're being attacked by multiple (strong) attacks and you rapidly press the start button. (and if you're a wondering about the levels, I was in the Ancient Cave)
(Normally a dead person should have 0 HP)

Image Image
You can't use a Potion on a dead character with 1 Hp and he/she doesn't gain exp. Sorry Guy and Dekar!
(Dekar and Guy: Are we zombies?)
---

Snowman glitch (losing texture)
So far I only got it at this specific spot with Dekar.
http://youtu.be/s5fAD0AcG-8

---
Gades battle at Parcelyte
Try following Gades during the fight and you'll notice that sometimes, instead of running/teleporting, Gades slides over the ground =P

---
Getting inside a block
Try pulling a block, but keep pushing the button and you'll eventually get inside the block.
http://youtu.be/1qVd2E8yo4U
--

Missing BGM
The music "Confronting A Great Powerful Enemy" doesn't play if you change Speaker to Headphone in the options menu. (both Japanese and US version)
http://youtu.be/Xs6WQYl74B0

---
Stupid Idura
(In the battle with Doom Eye)
One time I died while Idura was supposed to say something... Then Idura said his line during the game over screen...
---

Noise
Again in the Doom Eye fight, except this time I heard noise at the game over screen.

--
Maxim is a weirdo
Again Doom Eye battle.
I was walking on Doom Eye, just for fun, to see how long I could stay on top of it. Anyway, Doom Eye was hitting Iris, Iris was dying, meanwhile Maxim fell off Doom Eye.
Then the scene started where it shows Iris falling on the ground, except Maxim was respawned on the battlefield (and he was looking away from Iris and Alex =P) . So it looked like Maxim didn't care about what was happening)

I think this might work at other scenes too, I've heard of people having Maxim appear at the ending when he isn't supposed to be there.
I haven't triggered this myself. But somehow I did manage to get hurt by jumping into the final mystic stone.

Speaking of mystic stones...

---
Who needs Dual Blade to save the world?!
Well, Maxim doesn't! Unequip the Dual Blade, and Maxim and Selan will destroy the final Mystic Stone with Maxim's normal sword.

---
Dual Blade
If you unequip the Dual Blade in New Game+, Maxim's normal sword will change into the upgraded Dual Blade.
http://youtu.be/Wqmjrc8qUpk

--

Help! The elevator!
(in the Three Towers)
It is possible to get off the elevator if you try to step on the edge and then immediately leave before it goes up=P
http://youtu.be/ZCAoB9KC6fA

--
Cheating in Logismos Shrine
http://youtu.be/BsbtP_mMhzU
There are actually more places in the game where you can get "shortcuts". Most of the time, the game has invisible walls to prevent shortcuts, but you can still get a few shortcuts by doing things you're not supposed to do, or by not solving a puzzle the way the game wants you to.

(weirdest accidental shortcut I got: In Tanbel Mine I got attacked and launched in the air, and somehow managed to land on a higher platform, so I could skip half the area <_< )

--
Where did that money come from?
I don't really think this is a glitch, but it still might seem weird.
Check your Gold before visiting Tia in Elcid. Check your money again after eating the fish with her. Maxim just gained money =P (200G?)
Possible explanation: Natsume leaving out details in the translation.
I don't understand Japanese, however, in the Japanese version Maxim and Tia were also mentioning stuff about jellies. In the line where Tia asks Maxim to go to her house for dinner in the US version, I saw Tia saying something about jellies too.
So perhaps Tia wasn't just asking Maxim just for dinner, but also asked him to come by for his payment for the jellies? =P
Possible explanation#2: Maxim is a thief and stole money from Tia

Boxes
- If you carry a box while triggering the scene with Berty & Betty at the door at the Tanbel Mine, Maxim will appear on the box during the scene.
- If you throw a box at Jaffy when you're supposed to save him, he'll appear on the box after defeating the monsters.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals Glitch Hunt

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Today I revisited the Three Towers and when I defeated monsters in the third elevator, it didn't do anything! It didn't go up and no new monsters appeared.

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”